My Photo
Name:

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, work when people are watching."

Monday, May 24, 2010

A Meh Movie Weekend

I tried to see Shrek yesterday but it was sold out.  I was there a half hour early but it's a small theater so I wasn't too surprised.  I'm going to try again today after work.  I'm hearing it's not great but I bet I'll still get some good laughs.The same can't be said for the "romantic comedy" I watched Friday night.  Wow, did I dislike Valentine's Day.  That was not a good movie.  I usually enjoy Garry Marshall movies (don't tell any cinephiles I said that) but this was definitely not his best. Yes, it was an all-star cast but there were just too many people and too many stories.  I think there were 3 or 4 times I laughed and only once was it audible. I also watched Invictus which was very good but not incredible.  I think my suggestion for Mr. Eastwood is to stay away from sports movies. He tried to make the sports part of it too dramatic.  Luckily there was no dialog so I was able to fast-forward through the long shots of scrums, passing and running.

Also, is it mean that I'm thrilled MacGruber didn't even break the top 5 this past weekend?

1 Comments:

Blogger BETH said...

I saw Shrek on Sunday with EH...she was there for a movie birthday party so I ran some errands during the party and came back for the movie. It was OK, very typical...what I enjoyed was the music, actually! I will say that when the woman who was my grandmother's age started to cry at the end, i wanted to pinch her. Seriously, lady, crying??

9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home