My Photo
Name:

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, work when people are watching."

Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Summer movies can be good for the soul

I'm a bit behind in my reviews.  Shrek 4 was ok.  Not terribly funny but not terribly terrible either.  It lacked some of the, I dunno, charm or wit or something from the first one.  Glad I went to the cheap theater for this one.

This past weekend I got to see Prince of Persia.  It's getting mixed reviews but I really enjoyed it.  Ok, so Jake's hair is a bit distracting but it didn't take away from my overall feelings for the movie.  It was a fun, actiony summer movie.  I would go see it again and am thrilled that I saw it in nicer, more expensive theater.  There were some big sweeping shots of Morocco, etc. that looked great on the big screen.  The English accents were kind of annoying considering everyone was supposed to be in PERSIA but it was better than Jake doing American and everyone else doing their native British.  I have no interest in Sex and the City 2: Why are we still wearing these high heels when we're old enough for orthopedic type shoes now?

Next up is...Dang, this is one of those weekends.  Uh, my choices are Killers with stupid Katherine Heigl, Get Him to the Greek (probably too dirty for my delicate sensibilities), Marmaduke (love Lee Pace but don't love talking dog movies!), and Splice (which could be cool but probably won't be playing anywhere near me). What do I do?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Katie said...

I love your alternate title for Sex and the City :)

9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home